Apple Pay needs to be accepted on both your Donately hosted page, as well as, on your website (if you plan to embed your donation form).
The below instructions detail each step that must be followed to confirm Apple Pay is active on your donation form.
The process is pretty simple, but there are a few steps:
- Log into your Stripe dashboard
- Click the 'Settings' icon in the upper right of your dashboard
- Click on 'Payment methods'
- Select Donately as your platform
- Click the link that says "manual settings page" to set up payment methods requiring action
- Click on the 'Eligible' tab to see payment methods available to integrate
- Find ApplePay >> click the Configure button
- When the configure page loads, click to 'Add New Domain'
- If you are using Donately's campaign pages you will enter the following: 'pages.donately.com' to register your Donately domain.
- If you are embedding your donation form on your website, you will enter the general page domain url to register your organization's website.
- You will be prompted to download a file (download verification file) and add the file to a link provided
- Finish adding ApplePay as a payment method by following the link provided in your dashboard to put your file. Save by clicking on the purple button 'Add'
- ex: https://domain_name_.org/.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association
- FINAL STEP: Head back to your Donately dashboard. Click Forms >> Select the 'form' you wish to add Mobile Wallet payment option to >> when the Form Builder opens, click 'Fields & Layouts' >> 'Payment Methods' >> toggle ON the 'Mobile Wallet' option >> Click green 'Publish' button to save your update.
**Note: while this is usually automatic, if you have any trouble with ApplePay working, be sure that in your Donately Dashboard, you have ApplePay toggled "ON". You can view this toggle on/off under the 'Payment Methods' of your Stripe Dashboard Settings.**