When leaving one platform and switching over to Donately, it's important that the transition runs smoothly and your donors don't realize there was any change or stop to their recurring donation supporting your cause.
To do this you will need to download the Import Recurring Donor Spreadsheet and complete, or reach out to the Donately Support Team for support regarding the spreadsheet. This will allow the Donately team to move and important your recurring donors from your current platform over to Donately so you or they don't lose any important information about their donation and their recurring donation can continue.
A few steps needed in order to complete the spreadsheet that the Donately Team will send you to begin the importing process are listed below.
- You will need to get your own Stripe account that is separate from one that is automatically set up by another platform. *Stripe can help with this!*
- You can skip this step if you already use your own Stripe account.
- From the Stripe Dashboard, find your recurring customers that you will want to move donations over to Donately and continue their recurring donations without issue.
- Export a Stripe report containing ALL FIELDS for those recurring customers you want to move over
- Complete the Donately Recurring Donor Import Spreadsheet, making sure that the information requested by Donately in each column matches the example provided. *You must complete and save this file as a CSV.*
- Contact Donately with your completed form and request an import to be completed into the Donately Dashboard
- **Please note: this can take up to a week to complete so communicate with the Donately team to understand when the import will be completed**